Franklin-McKinley School District

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
13 Reasons Why Franklin-McKinley Cares Event @ District Office Board Room 6-8 P.M. June 5th 2017
Español Việt Nam

New Student Enrollment

Frequently parents find that they need someone else, often a grandparent or other family member, to care for and make decisions for their children, but they do not want to establish a formal guardianship. There are a variety of factors that can attribute to why parents and the person who has care and physical custody of a minor may not want to pursue a legal guardianship. Some of the factors may include a difficult relationship between the parents and caregiver, parents’ refusal of consent to a legal guardianship, or the caregiver may not want the hassle of applying for legal guardianship. More often it is the case that the caregiver will be taking care of the minor only temporarily.

As an alternative to a legal guardianship, caregivers can sign a Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit. A Caregiver’s Authorization Affidavit is an official form based on California’s recognition that adults who have minors living with them are “caregivers” who often want and need to take some responsibility for the minor’s education and other care. Click here for the Caregiver's Authorization Affidavit


 I am new to the area, how do I know which school my child belongs to?

Please check the School Locator to verify which elementary or middle school attendance area your address belongs to.

What documents do I need to enroll my child into school?

To enroll a student you need to provide the following documentation to the school Secretary:

  • Withdrawal papers from previous school

  • Immunization records (If from out of the Santa Clara County, you must also provide the results from the Mantou TB Test)

  • Birth Certificate (Copy is made in person)

  • Cumulative Folder from previous school (Sent directly from previous school)

  • Proof of address within school/District boundaries; i.e. most current utility bill showing parent/guardian's name and address

  • If the student is a Special Education student, a current IEP must be provided at the time of registration or the student cannot be enrolled

Please call the school Secretary for registration hours and to confirm needed registration paperwork.

For a list of schools, click here.

For information on immunization exemptions, please see below.

New Immunization Law SB 277

Beginning January 1, 2016 Personal Belief Exemptions (PBE) are no longer accepted.

For more information about SB 277, please see the Frequently Asked Questions available at:


Contact Person Title Phone Number
Berenice Gonzalez Secretary II (408) 283-6092
Patricia Hernandez Secretary II (408) 283-6092