Family Voice: Process for Resolving Concerns
Franklin-McKinley School District (FMSD) encourages all families to work with us on resolving concerns that may arise throughout the course of the school year. All of our schools have a plan of action to ensure that your children thrive in a safe environment, and most problems can be resolved at the school site.
You can help resolve problems by:
- Talking to your child's teacher
- Talking to the school's principal
- Keeping a log of all the people you speak to, with dates and times of the incident.
If you feel that a satisfactory resolution has not been mutually agreed upon at the school site, please click on the link below
so we can further support your concern by the Office of Student Wellness & Support Services: https://forms.doc-tracking.com/3848/3848/1927
We will address your concerns immediately and follow up until a satisfactory resolution for all is found. We are here to listen to your concerns about your children's education in our schools. We will help you resolve conflicts with schools, as well as follow up with you to determine how effective we were in the process.
Please contact us to:
- Report a concern about an incident at a school.
- Request an investigation or file a formal Parent Concern.
- Provide feedback about a specific school’s program and/or leadership.
- Report a concern about any district policy or procedure.
- Inquire about district procedures for disciplinary actions (i.e. suspensions, expulsions, etc.)
Student Wellness & Support Services Office
645 Wool Creek Drive
San Jose, CA 95112