The purpose of the DELAC district officials on English learner programs and services. The District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC) program is comprised of school site parent representatives, staff and community members and shall advise the school district governing board on at least the following tasks:
- Development of a district master plan for education programs and services for English learners. The district master plan will take into consideration the school site plans.
- Conducting of a district wide needs assessment on a school-by-school basis.
- Establishment of district program, goals, and objectives for programs and services for English learners.
- Development of a plan to ensure compliance with any applicable teacher and/or teacher aide requirements.
- Review and comment on the school district reclassification procedures.
- Review and comment on the written notifications required to be sent to parents and guardians.
The Franklin-McKinley School District DELAC will act as the English learner parent advisory committee under California Education Code Sections 52063(b)(1) and 52062(a)(2), the DELAC shall also review and comment on the development or annual update of the Local Control and Accountability Plan (LCAP).
The 2021-2022 DELAC committee meetings meets virtually 6 times a year, in the evening around 5:00pm to 6:30pm, (Times may vary slightly). The meeting schedule for the 2021-2022 School Year is as follows:
- July 21, 2021
- October 19, 2021
- December 7, 2021
- February 1, 2022
- March 1, 2022
- April 19, 2022
Click here for the 2021-2022 DELAC and DAC Meeting Zoom Links
During normal circumstances, all meetings are held at the District Service Center: 645 Wool Creek Drive and childcare and translation services are provided.